Wednesday 23 July 2008

The butterflies are back!





We were sitting outside enjoying a glass of red wine in the sunshine and just when we were starting to worry about where all the butterflies were and was it down to global warming, this little beauty appears on cue on our back wall.


I was left "talking" to the butterfly :) while Mr C went rushing in for his camera! I think it's a peacock butterfly says I, Mr C was in doubt so in I rushed for my little Observers book of butterflies to confirm it was indeed a peacock butterfly (is it sad that I knew that?) and a perfect example with fantastic markings. They like clover and as we don't have a perfect lawn we have quite a bit growing in our garden.


A perfect summer evening!

It was also the 2nd no spend day in a row!




3 comments:

Sharon J said...

You're definitely not sad by showing an interest in the creatures we share our environment with, Catz. And what a beautiful example of a Peacock butterfly that is :)

I long for 'no spend days'. Having house guests has already burst my budget and is eating away at my ability to get rid of some debt. Oh well... I don't see my daughter that often so I shouldn't really complain, and next month will be different.

Catz said...

I love butterflies and am trying to encourage them with my planting.

My budget is always blown when the family come for a visit - I should really build in a savings plan just for this, and maybe build up a store of home made "ready meals" in the freezer, but it is worth it to have quality time with them isn't it!

Sharon J said...

A family and friends visit savings plan! What a brilliant idea! I'm definitely going to start building that into my budget because this will just keep on happening otherwise.

Yes, definitely worth it. I can always get back on track with the budget and debt payments but I can never get back time spent with my family :)