Wednesday 23 July 2008

This weeks organic box - not more courgettes!


£12.80 worth! I haven't had a delivery for 3 weeks and they send me more courgettes! Mind you "they" are not to know that I am lucky enough to have them coming out of my ears from the garden at the moment and I could have changed the order if I had been more organised. Now we love courgette and tomato bake and it does freeze but I think I need to find a few more ways of dealing with them. We love them steamed with balsalmic vinegar dribbled over, yum! I have heard that you can even use them in muffin recipes!

2 comments:

ramtops said...

Hi - we get a veg box most weeks, and it can be a real struggle to use everything, although I do try really hard. The only thing that has defeated me recently is a kohl rabi (what sort of veg is that, for heavens' sake?!).

I keep a blog on all this at Reactive Cooking.

Catz said...

Hello Ramtops! I have just visited your wonderful site and those recipes look lovely! I agree about the kohl rabi, a very strange looking vegetable, the only thing I have managed to make with it is a potato and kohl rabi gratin.