Monday 7 July 2008

Car Boot Bounty!



I was quite restrained at this weeks car boot sale! The 2 Mason Cash pie dishes were only 10p each, the tupperware 20p, 6 banana split/melon dishes £1 and a teddy for the puppy 20p. We also bought 4 Penstamons, which love the soil around here, for only £5, 2 for us and 2 as a gift for a friend.

The small pie dishes are going to be essential for making leftovers into useful meals, and although I want to reduce the plastic around here I feel the tupperware is good quality for the freezer and at least it is not going into the landfill.

I have also managed to get 1 large crate and 1 large bag of "stuff" to the charity shop this week!

We have also discovered the joys of freecycle this weekend! A single bed, a puppy harness and a bag of puppy training pads have now found new owners. They say what goes around comes around and although we haven't yet found anything on freecycle for ourselves, we have been given some office furniture, for the new home office and a portable tv for our son as his is playing up. We are blessed with some very good friends.

3 comments:

Sharon J said...

You're such a good car boot scout, Catz. I love the Mason dishes and the teddy is gorgeous (I have a huge soft spot from jointed teddy bears).

Sharon J said...

I came over here sort of expecting to see more car booty but nothing :(

You're ok, aren't you? Just asking since you haven't posted recently.

Catz said...

Hi Sharon! Sorry to have worried you, I didn't get to the car boot sale today - cfs raised it's awkward head again so I have just had to give in this week and rest up, much better now though! will try to get to next weeks sale.