Friday 18 July 2008

Remoska flapjacks






Remoska Flapjacks

Ingredients:-

6 oz/175g butter or margarine (I used "pure" soya spread)
1 tablespoon golden syrup
5 oz/125g demerara sugar
8 oz/225g porridge oats
pinch of salt

Method:-

Line the base with a disc of magic non stick liner (I used a lakeland loaf tin re-usable liner)

Melt the butter, syrup and sugar together in a large saucepan, stir well, add the porridge oats and salt and mix thoroughly.

Put the mixture into the remoska and pat down with the back of a wooden spoon. Replace the lid, switch on and cook for 20 mins until the mix is golden brown. (I cooked the mix for 25 mins as I like the top to be crisp)

Switch off, remove the lid (carefully, it gets very hot) Using a plastic spatula (I used lakeland plastic lettuce knife) score into 12 pieces (I greedily did 8)

Leave to cool in the pan before turning out ( very important this as I tried to do this too early and they started to crumble)

Result - lovely and chewy just like the ones you buy in the shops. Fuel costs about 3p against about 20p in the electric oven.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Gosh that looks fantastic! I can't decide whether I NEED a remoska or simply want one! Guess I just keep saying to myself, oh, it's just another gadget.....

take care
Jennifer

Catz said...

It tasted fantastic too! Mr C has finished them all! I now have to make some more! We bought it after seeing fuel prices were to go up as it is so much cheaper than using the oven, it has been in daily use since! Roast chicken, sausages, potatoes, hm chips, flapjacks.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe. I love my Remoska. So cheap to run and I use it daily. Always looking for new recipes and advice for baking cakes etc. It does make excellent scones. Thanks again. Jean