Thursday 26 June 2008

Energy limits!



The trouble with having an illness, that means very limited energy, is it does tend to mean that new and exciting interests use up vital energy supplies and that means a distinct lack of energy for the normal everyday business of looking after a home, and sad to say, it shows! I am blessed and lucky to have enough energy to at least realise this and care, in the early days it was all I could do to raise my head off the pillow!

Family and friends take us as they find us, it is us they come to see not a tidy house, although that would be nice sometimes.

With the weather being perfect for keeping on top of the gardening jobs, indoors is becoming neglected. Which way to go? How to fit it all in without aggravating the cfs again? I feel another list coming on!

6 comments:

Sharon J said...

I do sympathise. My house is the same. I try to keep it clean and tidy but not at the cost of my health. If people are more interested in the dust bunnies in the corner and the cobwebs on the ceiling than in spending time with me then I'd much rather they didn't visit, it's really that simple.

Sharon J said...

Btw, I love that plaque you've photographed. You don't mind if I steal the text and make something similar of my own, do you?

Catz said...

Hi Sharon!

Nice to know I'm not alone, I feel going "greener" is far more important to us at the moment and I agree we would rather those that didn't understand stayed away.

The plaque came from my Grandparents house, Mum thought it very appropriate that I have it! Says it all doesn't it? lol!

You are welcome to use the text, not stealing when given to a friend gladly!

Rhonda Jean said...

Hello catz. I love the changes you've made so far, well done! Do what you can. Make your own decisions on what you are able to do and be satisfied with them. It looks pretty impressive to me. I send my best for the future changes.

Catz said...

Thank you Rhonda!

I was just over catching up on your blog and picking up more tips (like running the washer on a lower spin speed in good drying weather, I hadn't thought of that! and how to store food stocks) Good luck with your new adjustments, your blog is so inspiring!

Sharon J said...

Thanks, Catz. I shall make one and hang it in the kitchen once it's done. So apt :)

It's lovely that you're keeping the plaque in the family. I always think it's better with some dust in the corners than a home you can't relax in. I'd much rather visit a comfy home than one where you daren't move in case you disturb a scatter cushion.