Wednesday 11 June 2008

Organic box deliveries





For the last 3 years I have been receiving an organic mixed fruit and vegetable box, first fortnightly and now on a weekly basis. It has just gone up to £10.90 for the box and £1.90 for the eggs and I know I pay more than perhaps I would at the shops but the quality has been consistently good and the home delivery side of things has been a lifesaver to me since my illness started. If I wish I can also (with 2 days notice) add to my order online from Abel and Coles grocery section.

Above are photos of a few I have received recently, bottom one being this week (with delicious strawberries and melon) , as you can see I sometimes have organic soya milk and soya yogurt added to the order, always adding organic eggs weekly. It may not look like much but I can normally make a few meals out of this and anything I can't use up quickly I pop into the freezer (this is why my freezers are bulging with bags and containers of veg!)

I still pick up any bargains I can to pad meals out, this week the fruit and veg man at the car boot sale was selling 2 huge cauliflowers for £1.50 and a butternut squash for £1 so I will be adding cauliflower cheese, butternut risotto and a vegetable curry to the menu plan.

Mind you having seen the wonderful bargains Jennifer at Home Matters Most found at the weekend, I am feeling inspired to try some late night shopping!

No comments: