Wednesday 25 June 2008

This weeks box delivery


In this weeks delivery I have 2 little gem lettuces (must find a recipe to use up all these lettuces! lettuce soup?) cucumber, why does an organic company have to use plastic? tomatoes, carrots, new potatoes, bananas, pears, melon and 1/2 dozen organic eggs. Apart from the melon, it seems a bit boring and not a lot for my money so I am considering changing to a delivery once a fortnight and using our local farm shop inbetween, it will be interesting to see how much I can get there for my money (£12.85)

I wish I had more energy to shop around and get some bargains but with the pesky cfs, needs must etc., I did manage to get a bag of fresh brussels sprouts knocked down from £1.49 to 20p the other day at sainsburys just because the outer leaves were a bit tatty, just peeled those off and used half yesterday with the roast dinner and the rest are in the freezer.

2 comments:

Sharon J said...

It does seem odd that they've packed the cucumber in plastic. It'll be interesting to see whether the new supplier does the same thing once you switch.

Do you know what I miss most about buying veg at the market? The dirt! When they're dirty they look more like proper veg, I think. Does that make sense?

Catz said...

Yes it does make sense Sharon, that is why I like the organic deliveries though they are more muddy in the winter! lol! I shall try to get organised and take a photo of next weeks shopping at the farmshop. I am pretty sure that they don't wrap cucmbers in plastic.