Sunday 8 June 2008

Boot Sale Bargains (or some folks rubbish is definately other folks treasure!)


















I finally got to my first car boot sale this year, I do try to go as often as I can but hadn't got around to it until now. So glad I did this time as the first stall I came to had the lovely Johnson Bros Rose dawn platter and sugar bowl for only £1.50. I already have some green dawn plates so I guess I am collecting them now!

Other bargains were the much needed sewing basket for £1 so I can now "make do and mend" and the videos were only 10p each! Much cheaper than hiring a dvd! I have always wanted to see Fried GreenTomatoes with Kathy Bates and Jessica Tandy.

Best of all was on our way back to the car someone had just dumped a pile of stuff saying help yourself and a few folk were, I had a quick look and in a box on the top of the pile I found some vintage pyrex! The first piece was a meatloaf dish in the 1982 "poppy" pattern and the other was a real delight as I have been hankering after some of the 1961 lobster pattern pyrex after seeing some on Elizabeths Making Good Use blog so I was thrilled to now have a piece for free! What a lovely day!




4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Catz!

Yes I am falling in love with Pyrex again too. Why do people throw out such things in favour of plastic I will never understand.

Love your puppy! How adorable. Keep up the blogging! I'm honoured to be on your blog list. :D

Jennifer

Catz said...

Hi Jennifer!

Thank you, we are crazy about her but trying hard not to spoil her! A bit like having a child again!

Sharon J said...

I love the sewing basket. What a find! And free pyrex for your collection - what could be better?

Car boot sales rock (as the young people say).

Catz said...

They certainly do Sharon! I can't wait for the next one!