Saturday 14 June 2008

Arcopal at the church fete





The top photo shows the vintage rose patterned arcopal I inherited from my Mum. It has great sentimental value as I can remember being with her when she bought it. Whenever I use it I remember Mum. The trifle bowl came out on special occasions and the butter dish and egg cups were in regular use. Mum had the tea set as well but i can't remember what happened to that. I have never seen any of this pattern come up on ebay but I keep hoping. There are a few of the lovely lustre tea sets on ebay at the moment though.

I thought the butter dish would make a great alternative for refrigerator pyrex dishes (can't afford them yet but will save up) so I was pleased to find another arcopal butter dish in clear glass for 50p at the church summer fete today. I also was found a glass storage jar, pretty blue bowl, 2 small floral dishes (might put some tea lights in these) in the 10p box. The linen "God bless my kitchen" tea towel was 50p and the little bag in a purse 20p. We also picked up 2 bags of books at 3 for £1

1 comment:

Sharon J said...

A very successful church fete visit, I'd say.

I'm on the look out for a butter dish but as I'm fussy about what I'll have, it isn't proving an easy task. I won't be led down the "it'll do until I find something better" path again, though.