Thursday 5 June 2008

First post! Eeeek!





They say the first post is always the hardest so I had better get it over with! Starting my own blog is something I have been longing to do for some considerable time, I love reading all those fantastic blogs out there and hope I can contribute something myself, maybe the odd recipe or two or share my experience with you as I try to cut the costs which are scarily rising daily at the moment. These are "interesting times" for us all!


I felt the need to log my experiences as we attempt to save pennies (well pounds would be much better) and pay down our mortgage before final retirement beckons. We are tied into paying an interest only mortgage at the moment but can pay off 10% each year, our endowment matures in 7 years time (pretty close to husbands retirement date) but it won't cover the amount owing! grrr! Thankfully we have no other debt but with me only able to work part time (I have cfs - whole other story) I must try to save at home. I am hoping that along the way I will learn "greener ways" to help our poor old mother earth while I am saving.




Well that is about it for a first post other than to say sadly I no longer have any cats despite the name (used to have 3 many years ago) as I am now allergic to them, I still love them dearly though, but do have a soppy puppy (who you can see in the photo above taken when she was very young and new) and who, with her need for regular walks (shhh! say that bit quietly she understands!) I now no longer need gym membership, hoping husband (for the same reason) can give his membership up in September (tied in till then), that will be another £50 a month saved! So overall £95 a month saved, a good start now off to find more ways to save!




No comments: