Wednesday 17 September 2008

This weeks organic box delivery



A huge bag of spinach, broccoli, carrots, spuds, 2 large onions, 5 oranges, 5 apples, 3 bananas and 6 organic free range eggs - total £12.85

The spinach was a nice suprise as I was expecting green kale as advertised online, now I can have a go at making that spinach, potato and chickpea curry. Everything else looks great and will keep well in the green lakeland stay fresh bags until I can use it up.

I am only getting a delivery every fortnight now and with all the produce from the garden am coping well. The freezers are full and it may be a while before I will find that I need to top up supplies.

The last 2 days have been no spend days so the total is now - NSD 8/15

6 comments:

Sharon J said...

I've been looking into local box deliveries but they all seem to have too much fruit. I'm the only one that eats it (and I have to be careful how much because of my bowel) so it'd never get used up. I'd personally like to see more potatoes as we eat a lot of those (cheap & cheerful - and nutritious)!

ramtops said...

I've recently cancelled our box - we were getting too much stuff that we don't really like, and I'm not sure it was representing good value.

Instead Pete cycles over to the greengrocer every week and brings back a load of fruit and veg.

Catz said...

@ Sharon - I have to accept that there will never be enough spuds in the box but don't mind buying a sack to last us out. It is such a shame that you can't enjoy the fruit. I believe that you can get just veg boxes though. I know that Abel and Cole do them.

@ Ramtops - We are lucky with Abel and cole as they have a likes and dislikes service - you just tick the boxes. I agree it is all a bit expensive though. Our box is now £10.95 but there is plenty for just the 2 of us. Mind you with our daughter moving back in we might find we need more.

ramtops said...

Curiously, we had an Abel and Cole lealet through the door this morning. I threw it in the bin, but I shall investigate further!

Sharon J said...

Just been on the Abel & Cole site and apparently they deliver in my area so I'm going to take a good look at it and decide whether it's something for me or not. Thanks for giving me the name, I wouldn't have found them otherwise.

Leanne said...

NZ has now got it's first Community Supported Agriculture group. Sounds very interesting so looking into it. Would be rather nice to have fresh organic veges delivered to my door. We eat a lot of fruit & veges.

Love Leanne