Sunday 14 September 2008

New beginnings!

As you can see I have been playing around with the layout, there were too many dots before my eyes with the old one! I am liking this one quite a lot! What do you think?

Talking of new beginnings, I am having to re-think a lot around here as in just two weeks time our daughter will be moving back in for a while! We need to de-clutter fast and thankfully I have a friend who works for a local charity and can take any useful clutter off my hands for a useful cause.

Next on the list is a new menu plan/shopping list to include 1 extra adult for main meals and packed lunches. Don't laugh but I hope to do this at no extra cost simply by better planning and a whole lot less waste. Fingers crossed I can achieve the impossible! We were eating far too much anyway and both need to lose some weight so who knows it might just work.

This is also my first term back at home again and I must try not to become a recluse. I love to read and would be quite happy at home with my books but will endeavour to get out on a regular basis (symptoms allowing) and have offered to take on the organisation of a book swap group with some friends, meeting once a month - 2 books each to swap and maybe a meal deal/pub lunch out while we are at it if the price is good.

Oh and the builders are back so I have preserved the view that will soon be gone and popped it at the top of the blog!

4 comments:

Sharon J said...

What a beautiful view, Catz.

That's quite a challenge you're taking on re the food but even if you can't keep costs the same, I'm sure you can keep them relatively low. I've recently been feeding an extra mouth too and by reducing our own portion sizes a little it hasn't cost that much extra. Seeing somebody enjoy their meals is worth the little it has cost, though :)

Catz said...

Thanks Sharon! We will miss it - will soon be a 3 storey house there with another one behind it!

I'm hoping daughter will like lentils!!! lol

Anonymous said...

Hi catz
Blog looks good and the mortgage payoff figures look even better!

Laura :)

Jennifer said...

I like the new blog look quite a lot! Very warm and snuggly feel about it. Well done!

Jennifer