Saturday 13 September 2008

Let me Outta here!



Sorry about the photo quality (a lot better now though, thank you emmani!) I couldn't resist this little pleading cutie, she hates being shut in away from us all (Cockapoos are very socable), it doesn't happen much just when we are trying to get the grass cut!

I have been feeling much the same recently, after a regular flow of lovely visitors, which I have really enjoyed, I've been exhausted, cfs raised it's unwelcome head again and I had to take a break and rest up, very boring! I have managed to read some of my favourite blogs but been too tired to post much.

Today I am getting out!!! I am off to meet one of my friends to explore a few of our charity shops. We will be concentrating on just one road which has about 6 charity shops and a couple of coffee shops (for pacing ourselves) so fingers crossed I find something from my list (yes I have a list for charity shops as well! :) or any useful bargain or treasure really.

I did manage to phone my mobile phone company in order to cancel my contract, once it ran out next month, as it was costing far too much for my low usage, I was ready to go to pay as you go but the lovely chap has given me a new contract costing only £5 a month which is saving me £35 a month! Really pleased with that, it pays to negotiate even if it wasn't quite what I intended! So now with cancelling the gym (£50), cancelling 2 organic food box deliveries a month (£25.70) and re-negotiating my mobile contract (£35) I am only about £20 worse off without my wages! I am probably saving that much on fuel as I am not using my car for work! Yay! Result!

During my week away from it all I had another 3 No spend days, would have been more but I had to ask Mr C to go on a few errands for me and it was his birthday this week. So NSD 6/15

9 comments:

Sharon J said...

We've been opposites this week. Mine started with high energy and not too much pain but has gradually worsened. Today I don't feel like doing anything much at all.

I love your dog although it's hard to say what a Cockerpoo's expected temperament traits really are as they haven't been bred long enough yet. It's still very much hit and miss. Sorry but dog breeding and the way certain breeds are marketed is something I'm passionate about.

Anonymous said...

Well done on cutting your expenditure so much. With the rising petrol costs I bet you'll very soon recoup the extra £20 per month you would have been earning at work. Do tell which road in Chelmsford has six charity shops - is it the High Street? Or Old Moulsham Street? I've always been a bit disappointed with my charity shop forays to Chelmsford and could do with a few pointers as where is best to go.

Catz said...

Hi Sharon, sorry you are not feeling too great, hope you feel much better after some rest. (((hugs)))

Although Cockapoos are fairly new here in the uk they have been bred in the usa for the last 50 years and so there is a lot more info on the breed and their traits over there, we thought long and hard before getting her and read loads! lol! They have been accepted as a breed by the american kennel club while here in the uk they are not recognised, shame as they are super dogs, great fun, very affectionate and easy to train. I do appreciate that many other so called "designer dogs" have jumped on the "bandwagon" though especially in recent years. Mind you with Penny we hopefully have the benefit of "hybrid vigour" and after recent tv progs on the problems some recognised breeds have we are very thankful for that, our vet is certainly very pleased with her.

Elizabeth - I got it wrong, sadly only 4 charity shops in Moulsham street but all good and I have bought far too many books again! :)
Now I at least have something to read while I rest up and recover!

emmani said...

So cute... I tried to brighten up the photo for you to make it clearer, but the light on the window won't budge. I'm a sucker for a good shot! I've uploaded it to photobucket if you want to have a look...

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t219/emmamani/IMG_0063.jpg

Catz said...

Aw thanks emmani! Not sure how to get it back and pop it onto the blog though (not very techy me!)

I shall have to play! Have already been playing around with the layout!

Sharon J said...

50 years? I didn't know that. You learn something new every day (one of the things I love about blogging). And yes, there should still be enough 'hybrid vigour' as you call it. It's for that reason I've always had cross breeds (which a Cockerpoo essentially is - along with all the other recognized breeds originally) but you wouldn't believe how looked down upon they've been in competitions (I've been active in obedience and agility in the past). The pedigree people just didn't like it when our border collie/kelpie mix used to walk away with almost every first prize!

Catz said...

Hi Sharon! Lol at the pedigree snobs - almost every breed there is these days was once the product of cross breeding - time seems to erase those memories for some! Your collie/ kelpie cross must have been adorable and so intelligent! We thought about agility classes for Penny which she would love but not sure I would have the energy to keep up!

emmani said...

Hi Catz,

Open the pic,
then File, Save as...
save it to your desktop.
Then On your Blogger dash..
edit posts,
edit "Let me Outta here!"
Click just to the right of the photo and delete,
then add a photo as you usually do browsing from the desktop...
Viola!! New pic...

I found this great site yesterday, which would be handy for you to touch up any photos you want to use....It's really simple and fun to play around with!

http://www.flipmyphotos.com/

Good luck... your cute little dog deserves to look her best!

Sharon J said...

You do need a lot of energy for agility, Catz. It's much harder than it looks and LOTS of training has to go into it, even if you're just doing it on a casual basis. I couldn't do it now, but it was enormous fun 'back in the day'.