Tuesday 2 September 2008

My favourite walk back to the past





This is one of my favourite views, pretty ordinary to some I guess but look again, you could be back in the past, no signs of modern times like telegraph poles, lamp posts or traffic. For me to walk our dog here is a brief escape from the stress of living in this day and age and Penny loves it too! :) Sadly we do need the car to get there as it is off the beaten track and away from bus routes and no way could I cycle, but we don't go often and it is worth it for refreshing our own batteries.

We have more visitors this weekend but, thanks to a timely reminder from Sharon J at Finding Simplicity - thank you Sharon! had some savings put by to cover most of the expense thank goodness! We are having fish and chips tonight made by our local landlord with the most amazing home made beer batter! One day I must ask for the recipe. I have cookies to make to fill any hungry gaps over the next couple of days and a couple of loaves to go in the breadmaker.

Yesterday was the first day of a new term and a strange one for me as I no longer work at the school! I kept busy though with paperwork and made more chutney! It was also a no spend day so - NSD 3/15

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, is that Downham church? I only ask because it always looks such a pretty little church, set in fields, when I've seen it in the distance from the train.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely view!

Enjoy your guests!

Sharon J said...

Gosh! What did I do?

Hope you've enjoyed having guests :)

Catz said...

@ Elizabeth - no it isn't Downham church which is a lovely church, this one is in Little Baddow.

@ frugal - It is lovely isn't it!

@ Sharon - On one of your posts you mentioned how useful it would be to have a visitor fund so we took note and popped some pennies aside!
We loved having our guests to stay but needed to recover for a while!