Monday 22 September 2008

Feeling yukky!

Well Mr C has been most generous and shared his cold bug so now we are both shivering under quilts! :(

Being ill is expensive as we are too poorly to cook much so some easy to prepare food has been bought in and of course night nurse,vick vapour rub, cough sweets and tissues! If only I had been better prepared and had emergency provisions in, we had food but it was all cook from scratch which isn't so easy to do when you are running a temperature! Something to think about when we feel better.

It might be a few days before I get back to blogging but I will try to look in on you when I can.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry you're feeling yukky catz. I hope you and Mr C feel much better soon :)

Anonymous said...

Take good care of yourself!

Leanne said...

ooh it's no fun when everyone is down & out!

Keep warm & rest.

Love Leanne

Anonymous said...

Hope you soon feel better. I know what you mean about it being expensive to be ill - I had to buy a large bottle of Benylin last week and it cost knocked a large chunk out of a tenner, and it still hasn't cured my cough!

Sharon J said...

Oh, what a shame the lurgy has brought you down too. I hope it's not too long before you're back on your feet again.

I know what you mean about having emergency supplies in. I keep a few instant pasta meals in the cupboard and have some ready-made meals in the freezer (home made, not yukky shop bought stuff) but I could do with more. Another freezer would be handy but there's nowhere to put one.

Caroline said...

Hi Catz - so sorry you're feeling poorly, make sure you and Mr C take it easy till you're both feeling better. Lots of cosy relaxation and warming cups of tea is my top recommendation. Caroline x

Catz said...

Thank you for all the get well wishes! Much better now after a week drinking hot lemon and chilling out watching old episodes of Agatha Christies "Poirot"