Friday 19 September 2008

Last Harvest



I've brought in the last of the runner beans, leaving only the ones forming seed for next year, we have done so well with these and I have been slicing, blanching and freezing trayfuls every other day.









This is the last of the vegetables:-

The last pickings of runner beans

Just a few potatoes but it was fun digging them up - a bit like digging for treasure! We will grow more hopefully next year.

A large overgrown courgette/marrow lol - More chutney I think!

I brought the tomatoes in as the plants looked very unwell and needed to be cleared away, so green tomato chutney to make as well.

Not a large harvest but more than enough for our small family, we have full freezers and its been fun. Well certainly more fun than the financial news at the moment - quite a worrying week for the banks and their staff, I do feel for those staff who are losing their jobs. I am so lucky to be able to switch off from trying to understand "short selling" and "hedge funds" and to be able to go out and "smell the roses" and listen to bird song instead.

No comments: