Tuesday 14 April 2009

The magic porridge pot!



Well almost magic! Another porridge pot used up and saved from landfill! We needed a doggy treats pot, to be kept ready by the door, so that we can get Penny into her bed when visitors arrive or if we go out. I can see a whole load of possible uses for any more pots that come my way!

I may not be blogging for a few days as I have yet more new medication to take which might make me a tad drowsy, hopefully it will sort out the dizzyness (labrynthitis). I still hope to get those garden seat cushions finished though which will have saved a couple of pillows from landfill!

Over the Easter weekend I read Dick Strawbridges book "It's not easy being green" and, before the book goes back to the library, am investigating the websites he recommends that sell green and ethical skincare products and cleaning products (although I do now use a fair bit of white vinegar and bicarb of soda!)

I have also started knitting 5" blanket squares, so I can use up all the yarn leftover from knitting all those fingerless mitts! 6 so far so a long, long way to go! :)

Use it up challenge savings - £1

4 comments:

Kadeeae said...

Best of luck with your new meds.

Love the doggy treats tin! :-)

Catz said...

Thank you Kadeeae! I am not as drowsy as I was warned I could be, so I can still knit! :)

Jennifer said...

I liked that 'It's not easy being green' book. I think they are such a charming family.

Catz, do you know anything about Sharon via facebook or any other means? She seems to have disappeared and I'm worried about her health.

jen :D

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

Hope you are in for a healthy spring & summer. Thanks for the lovely comment on the self sufficiency post.

Love the tin!