Thursday 9 April 2009

From porridge pot to button pot



With the Use it up April challenge, I was very reluctant to throw away this container with its cheerful yellow lid.



After much pondering, this is what I did with it, using up some scrapbooking paper and embelishments that have been hanging around for far too long! I already have plans for the next pot (dog treats tin) and so I am itching to open another tin. The oats have come from www.approvedfood.co.uk an online company that sell food approaching (sometimes over) its best before date (not use by date so ok to eat) I found out about them on Moneysavingexpert (thank you folks!) These oats are best before september 2009 so perfect for our home made muesli! The organic cuppa soups are good as well.
I have spent £1 before now on a storage tin so that will be my saving today.
Use it up April Challenge savings - Porridge pot to button pot £1

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow - nice job with the button tin. It looks fantastic.

Jennifer said...

Yes i bought the cuppa soups too! :D And the jif lemons- 10 for a £1. Great for green cleaning :D

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

Wow, I love it!!!

arkonite_babe said...

Button pot looks good! I can't use approved food though. To deliver a catering pack of tea bags to NI costs a whopping £10.50!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it - it's great!