Tuesday 28 April 2009

Blanket squares progress



My ancient copy of Golden Hands Book of Knitting Patterns! I have always wanted to knit this up and 30 odd years later I have finally started :) I don't think I will bother with the pom poms though! Might be too tempting for Penny! Many of the other patterns look good as well.




I have just started square number 27!!!! Need another 133 at least so a long way to go but they are very easy, just garter stitch, 23 stitches in double knit on old size 6 needles. I don't need to concentrate on a pattern so can watch tv or take part in a conversation at the same time. The yarn is left over from making the fingerless mitts for my friends at the ms centre.

I have just got back from a brief shopping trip to our local co-op (part of my avoiding using the bigger supermarkets and supporting our local businesses, I also use the farm shop and market) While searching for ginger biscuits (to help fight the dizzyness and nausea) some youngsters from our local college came in, a merry group of kids but one lass called out in a loud voice to her friend "Choose whatever you want (very generous) don't worry about it I will put it on my card!" Isn't it worrying that card payments are not seen as real money?

Money spent today - stamps £5.60/ ginger biscuits, cake, crystalized ginger, dog chews and reduced cauli and broccoli £7.27

No comments: