Thursday 21 August 2008

What a lovely birthday present!



This was what I woke up to as I looked out into the garden on my birthday!



I have always hankered after an old fashioned bird house for the garden, like the ones on my american cross stitch patterns and bless his heart Mr C had taken this on board and gave me this one for my birthday! Now I shall have to tidy up the garden and level the ground under it so it doesn't tilt so much. I have placed it well away from any other nest boxes and more or less where we used to have a silver birch that the birds loved so much.

I am spending the rest of the day being thoroughly spoilt by my friends and family, no dinner to cook tonight! We are off to a local fish restaurant, my favourite Loch Fyne.

5 comments:

Sharon J said...

I hope you've had a really lovely day, Catz. Everybody deserves to be spoiled now and then :)

The bird house is lovely. It reminds me of a little dovecote.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a really wonderful birthday. That bird house is fantastic, so pretty and like an old-fashioned dovecote. I've been thinking about having a really nice wooden bird table as a present for Christmas. It might attract more birds to the garden, and stop next door's cat stalking them a bit too.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, thoughtful gift. Happy belated birthday wishes!!

Jane

Catz said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I had a lovely day, was thoroughly spoilt - I love the bird house - and had a wonderful meal at at Loch Fyne, we won't need to eat much today that's for sure! Back to reality now and some strict budgeting to make up for it all! lol!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Catz! I love the bird house too!