Monday 18 August 2008

Counting my blessings


It's been a quiet week here and I have taken some time out to see how I have been doing.

I can't change my mobile phone contract until october but come october boy will I change things. It is by far too high a bill for something I rarely use so I am hoping to change to pay as you go and keep the phone I have, it is handy for keeping in touch with the kids and for emergencies but really that is all I need. I can't wait til october!

I am well stocked up on the pantry basics and have a freezer full of garden produce and the surplus from the organic box deliveries, so can keep the grocery bill down for a while yet. I have managed to keep to £150 for the month on a regular basis. The organic delivery is now fortnightly instead of weekly.

We have changed our fuel supplier, should be sorted in 4 weeks and we are now on a capped rate for a year.

We have managed to set up a home office costing very little for Mr C with furniture donated and swapped from friends and pennies spent at car boot sales.

I have plenty of craft materials in a now easy to reach place, which should take care of filling the long winter evenings. I also have plenty of books - I found plenty in boxes in our daughters room and in the loft. I have sadly got into Mary Jane Staples Adams family saga, just cannot put them down! Also some old Agatha Christies I have collected.

Slowly but surely the end part of our garden is being cleared and we should have a large vegetable patch in use for next year.

In some peoples eyes we don't have a lot, no new cars, expensive overseas hols, designer clothes and furniture, but we have each other and although not brilliant good health it could be worse!
I am counting my blessings! :)

Spent £20 on groceries at the weekend so total spent is now £113.00 with £37 left.
Just had 2 no spend days in a row - NSD-6/10 + NSD 7/10

2 comments:

Sharon J said...

Sometimes we all need to take a step back and count our blessings. Thanks for posting this - it's made me think about my own blessings, of which there are thankfully many :)

Catz said...

I try to do this whenever I feel down, by the time I have counted and listed my blessings I feel so much better! Of course top of the list are family and friends (including internet friends).