Monday 4 August 2008

Remoska "Aunt Bessie" style roast spuds



We normally buy our potatoes in 10kg bags and they last for a long time but on checking yesterday I found that the potatoes at the bottom of the bag were way past their best, must be the heat! So I peeled and par boiled them and chucked them into the remoska with some olive oil, sea salt and some rosemary and left them to cook for about 30 minutes. The remoska uses about 20% of the elctricity the oven would and the results so far have been lovely. We had enough for our dinner and the rest were packed into a ziplock and frozen for another day.

Today has been a catch up day, the weather has been lovely and all the washing has dried, is ironed and in the airing cupboard. Tonight we will be using the first of the pasta sauces in a pasta bake with a garden salad so very easy and cheap! Another no spend day so that makes 2/10

2 comments:

Sharon J said...

Hi Catz. What exactly is a remoska and where do you buy ziplock bags (I've looked for them but no luck).

Those spuds look delicious! Fancy sharing? ;)

Catz said...

Hi Sharon! Help yourself! :)

I got my Remoska from Lakeland (with the last of my wages! :( ) It has been well worth the money though and with electricity costing so much this little cooker running on just 20% will be a life saver. It originates from the Czech Republic and has been around since before ww11 I am still learning just how much this little cooker can do though.

The ziplock bags came from Costco, I wash them out for re-use (so long as they haven't had meat in) and so make them last.