Wednesday 21 January 2009

Road trip







We went on a road trip at the weekend. It doesn't happen often but I don't get to visit my big sister often and miss her very much, especially since Mum died. Not only do I love her but She is my link to the past, shared memories and also a source of information as she can remember more than me and is the holder of family stories.

My sister lives in a beautiful place along the coastline from the Gower penisular in Wales, well worth a visit to blow away the cobwebs! I have put up a couple of photos of the views she can take in just by walking a short distance along her road! The other photo is of Lizzie, her beautiful tabby cat. 16 years ago Lizzie was one of 5 kittens born to Daisy, my beautiful tortie girl. We kept her sister Holly, a tortie kitten, she lived for 15 happy years but Lizzie is still going strong, although she now has meds for high blood pressure.

I am very lucky as my sister is on the same wavelength. I took her a sack of locally grown potatoes, a jar of home made mincemeat, a carrier bag of bramley apples and some jonagold eating apples. She not only supplied a lovely roast dinner for us but sent us back with several home made preserves and a box of card making supplies. It is so good to have a member of the family understand where you are coming from!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cat! Our old
boy is starting to look his age
(12) so it's good to see an old
feline looking so good!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics

Catz said...

Hello Barbara - Yes she is beautiful isn't she! (((hugs))) to your 12 year old furbaby

@ piece of wood - thank you! I love visiting there, it is so peaceful as well!