Tuesday 20 January 2009

A day of hope

He may not be our President, he may be many, many miles away on the other side of the pond but today while watching the inauguration of the new President of America on our tv, I saw plenty of hope reflected on the faces of many. This man really does seem to have his finger on the pulse, his speech was wonderful, we celebrated with Jambalaya and a £1 Asda special strawberry cheesecake. So now I just want to know one thing, why can't we in the UK have our own Obama? We do so need one, someone that can stir us up, give us courage and make us feel we can all dig ourselves out of this mess. Instead we have Gordon Clown and one heck of a lot of worry on this side of the pond!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so with you about Barak Obama - he truly seems to give the whole world some hope for the future. What will happen in the UK is just anyone's guess. Gordon Brown is useless, and I really hoped that after the 'spin' years of Tony Blair we might, finally, have a worthwhile leader - but, sadly, it seems not. There is no viable alternative as far as I can see although Vince Cable of the Lib Dems does talk a lot of sense re: the economy. For that reason alone the Lib Dems will be getting my vote next election.

Caroline said...

Excellent post, Catz, couldn't have put it better myself x