Wednesday 10 December 2008

Frosty and unsettled



Brrr! It is very cold here and rather frosty! Penny is going to be feeling it on our walk today. The first heavy frost had her shaking her little paws in puzzlement at this new sensation COLD! Maybe I should get her a coat if she would keep it on! :) Me I dress up like the Mitchellin man, with so many layers on I can hardly move! and none of them match! I look a sight but I am toasty warm!


Is anyone else feeling unsettled at the moment? or is it just me? I usually love this time of year and throw myself whole heartedly (energy allowing) into all the preparation for Christmas. This year is different though!

Of course it could be my daughters redundancy. It is heartbreaking to see her so upset about that. It has, of course, brought home to us just how much trouble this country and others are in at the moment. There is also the worry of how many more jobs will go, will it be Mr C next? We are now holding back on the next overpayment on the mortgage, just in case.

This time last year we had a plan, which is amazing in itself, before we just used to drift on through life and hope for the best! Now I am wondering if we need to change the plan? I need to decide and focus on a newly tweaked plan. Then I can get back to preparing for Christmas!

3 comments:

Sharon J said...

I can't get into Christmas this year either. It seems wrong that so many people are still being enticed to spend loads of money when there are so many suffering from serious financial problems. Just for once it'd be nice if everybody said "sod the presents, let's just enjoy being nice to each other this Christmas instead".

Poor Poppy doesn't get walked often during winter. No matter how much I wrap up, I still freeze so am pretty much a hermit from November until March. She doesn't seem to mind though, just as long as she can snuggle up with me under a blanket on the sofa, especially as she really doesn't like the cold either.

sharie said...

All my dogs are out of their kennels first thing in the morning totally ignoring the frost! Frost doesn't bother them but let it rain and they are inside and refusing to go out.

I don't know which is worse, the relentless rain or the ice and freezing temps.
Roll on summer!

Catz said...

Totally agree Sharon all this spend, spend, spend does seem very wrong! Re the cold - Have you tried rice/wheat bags that you heat up in the micro? I find them very helpful with all my joint pain. Poppy sounds lovely, another very cuddly little dog. they are such good company, aren't they!

Sharie as soon as a lead comes out it is a different matter. It would have to be seriously bad weather for her to refuse her walk! It is just the going out in the garden in the cold she doesn't like! Strange little dog but we love her. I and my joints agree though, roll on summer!