Friday 12 December 2008

Christmas tagging and Shopping madness



I used to spend a pretty penny on gift tags at Christmas but this year I had a go at making some from bits (card and cord) I already had (kicking off my using it up plan). My sister sent the stamped images for me, to start me off and some lovely papers for some card making. I have to admit the bit I enjoyed the most was the colouring in :) The above are just a few of the end product, also made a few snowmen tags. Nothing grand but perfectly usable.

This has however distracted me from a few other tasks that need doing, like writing and posting cards, wrapping presents, baking, tidying up the house ect., etc.

I am determined not to get caught up in the Christmas panic that descends on almost everyone and to that end I am avoiding our town centre as much as possible this month. I didn't go to the Woolworths sale and am glad of that, I have heard some awful tales of customers being rude and abusing the poor staff, who are, after all, losing their jobs and I am sure would rather not be there, no Christmas spirit there then! Years ago I remember taking my teenage son (bless him) Christmas shopping with me to a well known supermarket, on Christmas Eve. We could not believe the bad behaviour of our fellow man, pushing and shoving, knocking people flying, somehow we found our sense of humour (maybe craziness was setting in) and starting singing Bing Crosbys "It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas" as we finished our shopping! Yes we did get a few strange looks but also some smiles from equally bewildered shoppers!

I have managed to order a Christmas fruit and vegetable box from Abel and Cole and while I was at it, some dairy products. Going to ask a very good friend to get me a turkey torpedo in (cooks up a treat in the slow cooker). It all helps to keep me away from the madness!

Remember to take time out to enjoy the season and de-stress!

3 comments:

Sharon J said...

Love the tags.

I keep well away from the shops at this time of year and agree that people can be very ill mannered. What on earth happened to goodwill to all men?

Anonymous said...

Hi

good point - and just nipped over to wish you "happy and peaceful Christmas."

regards

ceridwen

Caroline said...

Hi Catz - loving your gift tags - they're fab! Very true what you say about this time of year - I, too, have been avoiding, as far as possible, getting on board the merry-go-round of stress and panic that surrounds this time of year. I'm determined to kick back and enjoy Christmas this year, even though we have a houseful as usual! Merry Christmas - Caroline x