Thursday 4 March 2010

Apricot jamming!

Hello again! I'm back to blogging as and when the energy allows, a lot of changes have been made here but they are all for the better! For one thing I am determined to get the mortgage paid off within the next 3-5 years, so frugaling is now being taken up a level. Wish me luck.

To start with I have been making some jam, the jam maker was my birthday present last summer and is brilliant! So far this year I have made 12 jars of marmalade, 8 jars of blackberry jelly and now 6 jars of apricot preserve.






At long last I've got myself organised and opened one of the tins of approved foods apricot pulp. Really pleased for the outlay of around £3 for the pulp and sugar I managed to get 6 jars of apricot preserve and 5 freezer boxes of apricot pie filling. I worked out that would have cost me £17.54 to buy! I have another tin to open and use as well! :)

5 comments:

brightandnew said...

Well done, that's a great saving you have made there :)

Apricot pie filling sounds very nice and yummy!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Heather, Lovely to see you back blogging again. Your jam looks wonderful and apricot pie filling sounds totally yum.

Anonymous said...

I take it you like apricots then? Lol. My mum would love you - apricot jam is the only jam she eats. Of course, all this preserving is going to make me feel terribly guilty again for not doing more myself. Ah well... no doubt I'll survive :-)

Kadeeae said...

So glad to see you back! :-)

Catz said...

Thanks for the welcome back! Can't believe how long I've been away but it was much needed! Nice to be back though!