Monday 2 February 2009

Snowy weather!

The garden looked so peacefully pretty



until Penny the cockapoo discovered that a snowy garden makes a pretty good racetrack!



The snow is still falling here and it's very cold, well it is for us softie southeners! :)

What amazes me is how badly we are all affected by it. Goodness alone knows what folk in Canada think of all this! Bus services suspended in the city, most underground train services also suspended. A lot of folk will not be making it into work today, I don't blame them but this is could be the last straw for some firms, just what the economy needs.

After attempting to walk Penny round the block and then drying her off, I shall be staying inside with lots of hot tea to drink and getting on with some bulk cooking for the freezer.
I went over my budget last month but only because I failed to cancel the 2nd organic delivery, so the total spend was £61 (target was £50) without that delivery it would have been £48.

3 comments:

arkonite_babe said...

Your Penny reminds me of my Bruno, absolutely daft in the snow. It's trying to snow here now, I'm hoping for a good 6 inches, then I won't have to go to work tomorrow!!

Sharon J said...

Our Poppy refused point blank to put her pampered paws in the snow. She just about goes outside the back door for a pee (there's a bit where the snow doesn't settle) but on a walk with a friend a few days ago (I'm unable to walk her at the moment), my friend had to pick her way along bits where the snow had melted because Poppy was having none of it otherwise. Strange creatures, dogs :)

I know what you mean about the country coming to a standstill. As you know, I lived in Norway for a huge chunk of my life and it was always business as usual there, even though they had far more snow than we've ever had. We Brits just don't seem to be able to cope when things change slightly from the norm. I think, with global warming, this is something we're going to have to learn to cope with though.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow!!!