Wednesday 11 February 2009

We have water butts!



Yes they have yet to be connected, although I think the recent deluge would have overwhelmed them! That reminds me I must check the state of the existing water butt near the house!

I am so pleased to have these water butts, once they are connected to the recently moved sheds at the far end of the garden, watering the new veg patch will be much easier.



A recent photo of the state of play at the bottom of the garden! I know it doesn't look pretty at the moment (at least we can see it now the snow and puddles have receded!) but the sheds are now in their permanent position on hard standing bases, the new fencing is finished, the rotovating will be finished today and soon the greenhouse will be moved onto it's new base behind the old summerhouse. One bonus with having a sort out, we found an old window down there and, with some old breeze blocks, will hopefully make a cold frame with it.

I went to a "potato day" with a friend at our local garden centre but there was nobody about, no talks, just one leaflet and lots of bags of seed potatoes! :( Never mind I have my gardening books, the internet and determination - I will have lots of home grown potatoes this year! Now what else can I grow down there?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi -

Ive been enjoying your blog for quite a while now and have come up with a lot of good ideas and tips thanks to it, so I've given you an award!

Please stop by my blog to "collect" it, and thanks again for all of your informative posts.

Catz said...

Aww! Thank you Kadeeae! I have found your blog now and your photos are wonderful! I will do an award post soon!

Sharon J said...

I remember there being a big old oak barrel in our garden when I was a kid, that was used for collecting rain water. For some reason, it used to fascinate me. How I'd love one of those again :)

Catz said...

Hi Sharon! Those oak barrels are very expensive now! They do look lovely. My friend used to use the rainwater in hers to wash her hair with, she said it made her hair softer!