Friday 13 February 2009

Valentines Day Cookies




I've had some fun, I've made a mess! lol! and then I took these cookies out to share with my friends at the ms centre. Fun all round and less calories for us! I did make a couple for Mr C though!

Lemon Kisses
ingredients:-
4 oz (100g) butter or margarine
3oz (75g) caster sugar
1 egg
1 tsp lemon juice
8 oz (200g) plain flour
method:-
Cream the butter and sugar.
Beat in the egg with the lemon juice.
Fold in the flour and form into a soft dough.
Roll out the dough on a floured board and cut into shapes.
Bake for 10 - 15 minutes at 375F/190C/Gas mark 5
Leave until cool and then ice and decorate. We make a glace icing using lemon juice instead of water and it is delicious!


Off now for a proud mummy moment - my son is going to be on tv!!!! mind you it is about football lol! Tomorrow I am going out with my future daughter in law (I love saying that) and my daughter to look at wedding dresses! Very exciting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh they look soooo yummy! I'm thinking of making tofu today, but Valentine's Day Tofu doesn't quite have the same ring does it?

Caroline said...

Lovely looking cookies, Catz! HOpe your friends enjoy them. And have a fab time looking at wedding dresses - lucky you! xx

Jennifer said...

Those look fantastic! I especially loved the pink flowered one! How adorable.