Wednesday 19 November 2008

I've been tagged!

I have been a bad blogger! Got a bit tied up with all the wedding plans, sounds great as it is going to be in a castle at Christmas, it is a hotel so we can stay there the night as well! Must save more pennies now! lol!

I have been tagged! Thank you SharonJ - never been tagged before! Here's my answers!

A - Z of Homemaking

A is for Aprons - yes/no? If yes, what’s your favourite?
I have several. One with a snowman on for Christmas, 1 vintage hand made pinny , my favorite one though is a little red patterned tabard, bought when my children were small and has so many wonderful memories of baking with my children attached to it.


B is for Baking - favourite thing to bake?
I love baking, most of it is edible! Lol! I guess I enjoy making cookies the most and love my copy of the American Woman’s Cook Book with it’s incredible cookie section.

My Mum had a copy of this (with older sister now) and we used to make refrigerator cookies together.


C is for Clothesline - do you have one?
Yes, one of those pull-out ones that I keep forgetting to pull back and put away afterwards. I also have a couple of indoor airers in regular use.


D is for Donuts - have you ever made them?
No never tried this, I try to avoid fried food as much as I can. I did hear that you could make them in the oven though!


E is for Every Day - one homemaking task you do every day.
I cook everyday,, very rarely get a day off from that one!


F is for Freezer - do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yes, in fact I have a fridge freezer and 2 deep freezers! One was given to us by our lovely neighbour. It mostly has produce from the garden in it.


G is for Garbage Disposal Unit - do you have one?
No, not really although Penny would love to apply for the vacancy. I compost as much as I can.


H is for Handbook - what’s your favourite homemaking resource?
The internet! Other than that the Dairy Book of Home management is very useful, my copy must be about 20years old now!


I is for Ironing - love or hate it?
Strangely I don’t mind it! I have bad circulation and ironing often warms me up. Different matter in the summer though! I love watching someone else do it though! Rare treat though that is!


J is for Junk Draw - yes/no? If yes, where is it?
Oh dear! Better make that plural! Mainly in the kitchen! Must get back to de-cluttering!


K is for Kitchen - colour and decorating scheme?
Buttermilk paint on walls, green, peach and cream tiles on wall and terracotta tile effect laminate on the floor. Light wood effect units with dark green worktops. My kitchen is very dark and needed warm colours.


L is for Love - what’s your favourite part of homemaking?
Sitting in a newly tidy living room with a freshly made tea tray (home made cake or cookies on a plate) on the coffee table.


M is for Mop - do you have one?
Yes it is the kind you pull a lever to squeeze out the water.


N is for Nylons - machine or hand wash?
Machine wash, I hate having them dripping all over the bathroom.


O is for Oven - do you use a window or open the oven door to check?
Although mine has a window, I do tend to open the door to check properly.


P is for Pizza - what do you put on yours?
Tomato pizza sauce, grated cheese and then anything that needs using up. Favourite would be ham and mushroom.


Q is for quiet - what do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Surf (the net) or blog, read, craft work, make lists and talk to Penny!


R is for Recipe Card Box - yes/no? If yes, what does it look like?
I have the Marguerite Patten recipe card collection, bought many years ago on a monthly basis, when I was engaged. My daughter has bought me a recipe file book which I am trying to get all my favorite recipes into, it is bulging a bit now though!


S is Style of House - what style is your house?
Cluttered! But homely and cosy!


T is for Tableclothes - do you use them?
Yes I love them, I have a couple of vintage ones and one I won in a competition 10 years ago! Also a lovely Christmas one, with a holly print all over, bought in the Salvation Army charity shop!


U is for Under The Kitchen Sink - organised or toxic wasteland?
Fairly well organized, although a tad cluttered. It is where I keep my pyrex and mixing bowls. My cleaning stuff is kept in another cupboard.


V is for Vacuum - how many times a week?
If I had the energy I would vacumn every day but I don’t, so beware the dust bunnies!

It is as and when I can.


W is for Wash - how many loads of washing do you do each week?
I seem to average 1 a day! I am trying to keep it down by

doing some hand washing of delicates.


X’s - Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
Yes I love lists!


Y is for Yard - who does what?
Y is for garden here, Mr C cuts the grass and digs where I ask and I plan, potter and weed etc.,


Zzzz’s - what’s the last homemaking task you do before bed in the evening?
Washing up and making sure the dog has enough water.

The meaning is to keep the chain going by sending this along to a few other bloggers to complete. If you’re on the following list, enjoy ;)

Elizabeth at Making Good Use
Jennifer at Home Matters Most
Arkonite at Arkonitebabe
Sharie at Sharies view to the Hill

Caroline at What's happening at my house


Please don't feel obliged to take up the tag. It's just for fun, after all.


4 comments:

Sharon J said...

Homely and cosy - I like that. In fact, a friend who visited for the first time last weekend told me that she couldn't remember the last time she walked into a house that felt so warm and welcoming and that was such a lovely compliment :)

I never wash up in the evening. By the time I've made the dinner and eaten it, I'm exhausted. I did used to though.

sharie said...

Well done for doing the tagging thing and thanks for tagging me too.

Put up the refrigerator cookie recipe, I'd love to see it.

Caroline said...

Hi Catz - thank you for tagging me - I've never been tagged before! I love your 'L' answer - it's almost inspired me to go and clean my living room and bake a cake! Caroline x

Anonymous said...

I was tagged too, can't wait!

your list is simply wonderfuL!