Monday 10 November 2008

Ahhhh! Hot Chocolate!



This was possibly the very best hot chocolate drink I have ever had! It even had cherry sauce poured over the cream! :) and a little Lindt chocolate on the saucer! Almost a year ago we visited the Cologne Christmas Markets with our family. It was very, very cold (like today in the uk) and we had just visited the Lindt Museum of chocolate (yum) and after braving the heat of the rush in the museum shop, had sat outside, not as bad as it sounds though!



- we had lovely red wool blankets over our knees and some heaters if required (I know not very green) we chose hot chocolate to drink as, after all, we were in Lindt chocolate heaven!



Today it's cold and very wet here in the uk, Penny and I were soaking wet when we came in from our walk. It's a worrying day as well as my friend is very poorly so I've been feeling a tad down. What is a soaking wet, cold and down in the dumps girl (well all right middle aged lass) to do? Towel down the dog, get changed into dry clothes and make an old fashioned lovely hot mug of chocolate! (Hot chocolate Horlicks made with Soya milk in my case) Warms your hands and comforts the soul! Highly recommended! I didn't have any posh choc to hand but found some chocolate scrapings, from when I last melted some chocolate, to sprinkle on the top! I save everything! lol!

Hope you are all managing to stay warm and dry!

3 comments:

Sharon J said...

Oh now you've gone and made me want hot chocolate! Particularly with cream on the top, a grating of chocolate and a glace cherry. I'm stuck upstairs today though so it's not going to happen. All I have is a bottle of tap water and half a bottle of coke (which I don't really like but strangely enough fancied today - just as well there was some left from a friend's last visit - I save everything too).

Anonymous said...

Oooh, yum, that hot chocolate looks wonderful - and I don't even like hot chocolate much. Hope your friend gets better soon. The weather in Essex has been truly awful today, hasn't it.

Anonymous said...

I love the smell of hot chocolate powder. It reminds me of being young and my mum and grandma buying it from those scoop and save shops. I don't actually like to drink it though!