Tuesday 3 July 2012

Hello again! After a long break, due to illness and the demands of 2 weddings in the family, I am going to give blogging a go again. We still want to do everything we can to pay down the mortgage, preferably before we hit the big 60 and I would like to record our journey. This week we managed to pay another £1,000 off the balance, slowly but surely we will get there! Today I have been using up some of the huge supply of frozen bananas we have in the chest freezer. I found this fab recipe on MSE Old Style, it is fatless yet makes a really lovely tasty fruit loaf. Thank you to the original poster whoever she/he is!


Fat Free Banana Loaf

5 large bananas,

6oz soft brown sugar,

8oz SR flour (I use wholemeal)

2 eggs,

6oz sultanas (I use a mix of sultanas and chopped dates).

Mash the bananas and mix in everything but flour. I make this in my Mum's old kenwood chef! Add flour, the consistency is quite wet, so don't worry. Use a 2lb loaf tin and cook for 1 hour at 170c. I add cinnamon as well. Makes a lovely moist loaf. Although fat free I do sometimes slice and spread with a tiny bit of butter - yummy!

2 comments:

laura said...

Welcome back! Good luck attacking that mortgage :)

Catz said...

Thanks Laura!