Wednesday 18 July 2012

I love leftovers! Especially planned leftovers. Today we have leftover chicken from one of the costco chickens I bought last week. I cook a chicken and we have a roast chicken meal from 1 breast, with vegetables etc., next day I take all the meat off and put to one side, everything else is in the slowcooker for some lovely stock and soup. Chicken sandwiches, chicken curry and a Nasi goreng (fried rice) are all planned, either to eat this week or for the freezer for later.

According to a recent yahoo news story we can all eat gourmet food quite cheaply! Worth reading the article as everything is priced up in large quantities, not taking into account that there would be plenty of ingredients left over! Leftovers that would make another meal or 2 in some cases, bringing the price of the portions right down! Half price in some cases (see first recipe) I wonder what suggestions we could all come up with for the leftovers in this article?

No comments: