Monday 30 March 2009



Hello! I'm still here, just getting used to the new prescription. All is ok, in fact better than I have been for a long while! I do hope I never have to take beta blockers again though! I managed just over a week and had to come off them as I felt so ill!

In the meantime, in order to keep focused, I have been knitting more of Elizabeths pattern for fingerless gloves. I took a pair into the MS centre for a friend, she suffers pain in her hands and warmth helps to relieve the pain, as a result I am now on my 10th set! lol! All I ask is a donation to the MS charity. It is doing me good too as I feel I'm helping, all be it in a small way, and it keeps me occupied and less likely to get worried and stressed. Above are a few of the sets that now have new homes. I am trying to find some bright and funky wool for the next set.

Penny has been great company, hardly leaving my side during the day and very cuddly. I am managing small walks with her again and Mr C gives her longer walks when he is home.

Today I managed to clean the bathroom thoroughly and also the kitchen, so I have achieved something. The rest of the house will have to wait, small cleaning sessions work best. Dinner is slow cooked beef stew, mash potatoes and runner beans (from last years crop) followed by apple crumble (using a healthier whole meal flour and oats topping) and soya ice cream - yum! Then I will be back off to bed to knit and rest some more!

Thank you for your messages, it was very kind of you and I promise to catch up on your blogs very soon. Hope you are all keeping well

Catz x

3 comments:

Sharon J said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, Catz. It's awful when you can't do the things you want to do or are used to doing, isn't it?

The fingerless gloves look really cosy. I've been knitting wooly socks like there's no tomorrow but now I'm back home I've eased off. I think I knitted my knickers into a twist while I was in London ;-)

Elizabeth said...

Hi Catz, Glad you're feeling a bit better. Beta blockers are horrible things, my poor Mum has to take them and whenever her prescription is changed she feels just awful.

Glad the pattern for the fingerless mitts has proved useful, your finished mitts look lovely.

Catz said...

Good to see you back Sharon, I know it must have been a very difficult couple of weeks for you, hope you feel rested soon.

Thank you Elizabeth! I am no great knitter but these are really easy to knit and they really do help with the pain.