Thursday 5 March 2009

A haircut, a rest and wateraid



Finally we got Penny to the groomers, now she looks a bit like a lamb!lol! but is a lot easier to look after and no more tangles!

I've been resting up again and adjusting to a different medication so life has been a tad quiet around here. One constant source of amusement is daytime tv and while flicking through the many channels available these days, I caught a couple of programmes on wateraid projects. Now here in the UK we have for most of the year anyway, a ready and available supply of water, we often take it for granted and that is to our shame! I am becoming more aware and have a bucket in the shower and for placing under the dripping bath tap (a bucketful will do as one flush) the tap is due to be fixed soon. I decided I needed to know more and clicked on the Wateraid site to find out all I could. I soon found this page and with Mothering sunday on the 22nd March this year, and although My Mum passed on 14 years ago (round about Mothers day) I decided to order 2 taps in memory of her, After a childhood of depending on a well in the garden and many years of living abroad with sometimes limited supplies of water, I think My Mum would have appreciated this. Please check it out, there are lots of gift ideas there and World Water Day 2009 is on Mothering Sunday.

World Water Day 2009 22 March 2009
World Water Day is a global day to highlight the importance of clean, safe drinking water, and highlight the fact that almost a billion people worldwide do not have access to it. WaterAid supporters mark the day with a series of events up and down the country. Why not contact your nearest WaterAid group to find out what they've got planned? Find out more at www.wateraid.org/wwd

3 comments:

Sharon J said...

Well not having had a bath for 2 months means I've been doing my bit to preserve water. LOL. (Anybody reading this who doesn't know my story must be thinking I'm a right minger!).

Seriously, I'll nip over to that website and take a look at what this is all about.

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

Thanks for raising awareness. Water Aid is such a great charity!

The dog sure does look like a lamb :0) (not said in jest, truly she does!)

Caroline said...

Hi Catz - just wanted to check you're OK, as you haven't posted for a while xx