Tuesday 23 June 2009

Spread a little kindness! Paying it forward





As I mentioned in my last post, I collect meakin Poppy pottery! I loved it from afar back in the 70's but alas we had so few pennies that we had to settle for a catalogue special instead. Now with the advent of ebay, car boot sales and charity shops, I have been able to start a collection at last.

This week I managed to buy (or win) on ebay a set of the lugged soup bowls! The lovely seller on finding out (through my chatty e mails) that I have waited 30 years to get my poppy collection going, decided to deliver the bowls complete with a dinner set he had - as a gift! Wow! I am bowled over by such a kind act!

I am going to pass on the kindness though and take only what I need, the rest will go into our local cancer research charity shop. There are some wonderful folks out there, even in a recession!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow, that was incredibly kind of the seller. You've got a fabulous collection now.

Anonymous said...

Your collection looks lovely, Catz. What a generous and kind man he must have been.

Sharon J said...

Blimey, you don't come across ebay sellers like that very often!

My ex MIL collects the same pottery only now she's told people to stop buying it for her because she has too much.

Anonymous said...

Catz, I had no no no clue that you were like me. I am in year 3 of waiting for a poppy collection, does that mean I have 27 to go ;)